Saturday, September 8, 2007

About Me (but it's really not)

Well, if you were invited to this blog you know what it is all about, but if you stumbled upon it, you probably are really wondering why yet another Christian blog exists. So many out there are all about "me" ... "my" opinions, "my" ministry, "my" church. One of the biggest goals I have for this blog is that it not be about ME! However, since I'm writing it, and you may or may not know me, I do want to give you a bit of background.

I'm a student at William Carey International University. I'm working on a Master of Arts degree in Global Civilization and I'm halfway through the program, praise God! The curriculum is World Christian Foundations (you can see it at www.worldchristianfoundations.org). One of the components of the coursework is to establish a method of communicating the material to others - something I've done the first half through lessons written for and reviewed by my husband. However, I wanted to expand the audience and hence this blog.

I plan to post a weekly entry discussing the material I studied that week. Please feel free to dialogue with me by posting responses! Since this is a distance education program, one thing I desire is interaction with others about the material. My mentor does a great job, but I'd like to interact with others as well. I simply ask that you be respectful toward each other, me, and the material, even if you disagree.

If you have no clue what this material is about, the first few posts will provide an overview. The course section I'm in is called a module (I'm in Module 3 of 4) and this Module is about The Expanding World, AD 200-1945. World Christian Foundations is an integrative program, meaning all classes are woven together into one over-arching course program. WCF is tied together by the theme that God is up to something in this world, and our role as Christians is to be about His work. We study history, cultural anthropology, Scripture, even linguistics, from this angle. If you've read this far, thank you for joining us! I look forward to talking to you on the blog!

No comments: